Cornell . . . In progress?

Eb14

So, I saw a bunch of results (acceptances, rejections, AND a waitlist) from Cornell English PhD applicants saying that they had received an email to check the applyweb account for their status. I did not receive an email, but I checked my account anyway: it says "IN PROGRESS," the same status I have had since submitting my application back at the end of October. About two hours after the results started rolling in, I still have no email and my status remains "IN PROGRESS."

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?!?!

Unfortunately it probably means just what it says, they haven't finished notifying yet. From what I've seen with the schools I've applied to there is an initial rush of accepts, then a few days later a few more, along with waitlists and rejections within a few more days. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, waiting is freaking difficult. I emailed the grad coordinator with a few questions earlier and haven't heard back yet so maybe it's a crazy hectic day there? I hope it works out for you!!