Where do you get your Micro/Macro credits?

fall09

Wow, you make community college students sound like absolute idiots. Hopefully Yale will expand your horizons.

Hahaha...actually, when I first read Cornell07's post, I thought "typical Ivy League mentality"...even my sis and her husband, unfortunately, are the same way

• 1 month later...

I too received word that I would need to do micro before fall registration. The morbid question on my mind is, what happens if you don't pass the course? Is admission typically revoked? And I thought the stress was over once all my apps were in... :|

Honestly, If you have your act together enough to get into school and can't pass econ 101 you are going to have big problems in grad school, I'm sorry.

To be kinder, the programs I was admitted to that required econ said it had to be completed before matriculation, or taken first semester for no credit, taking away from a class that you would actually want to take.

Honestly, If you have your act together enough to get into school and can't pass econ 101 you are going to have big problems in grad school, I'm sorry.

To be kinder, the programs I was admitted to that required econ said it had to be completed before matriculation, or taken first semester for no credit, taking away from a class that you would actually want to take.

"Honestly," you don't know my personal situation - but thanks for the judgment call!

In short, it has nothing to do with whether my act is together or not. I currently live overseas, and due to circumstances I am no real choice but to take the course online. I am essentially teaching myself everything. This isn't exactly the easiest thing to do (especially with a brand new topic), hence why I want to know if others have heard of any kind of "plan b".

Update:

So long story short I was in a bit of a mess over switching programs from Michigan to Duke and my parents by complete chance happened to be in Charlotte for a wedding. I asked if they could drive out to Durham and check the town, Duke, and Sanford out. Chuck Pringle the head of admissions met with them ON A SUNDAY (that guy is awesome) and showed them around for several hours.

Anyways, the important part is this: he talked to them about why I was admitted even though I'm on the young side and have an overall mediocre level of post-undergrad experience. He pointed out three things: killer test scores, great letter of rec and statement of purpose, and that I had taken those three stats and econ classes at a community college. He really emphasized the importance of that. I knew it was a decently big deal that I had "clicked off" requirements but apparently it was REALLY emphasized by Chuck. Enough that it surprised my parents. So yeah, getting your micro/macro credits at a community college DOES help, even at a top school.