Feeling ambivalent about leaving

Kleene

Now I finally got my first acceptance, I feel ambivalent about leaving my current institution. I knew it was coming, but staying there was still my plan D. I have had an amazing time at my institution. I know everyone, everyone knows me. I am a bit afraid that 'starting over' it would be hard to develop these 'supercurricular' stuff like TAs and RAs. Rationally, I know that I am taking a huge step on the ladder. I know that this course is a 200% better fit. But still, I am leaving awesome things behind. The realization needs to sink in a bit and I hope that this new course/uni/country is just as awesome. :)

Anyone else feeling the same way?

I know what you mean. We get so comfortable with what we have like the people, program, campus, food, lab, colleagues, professors, and more! And now you find yourself realizing that you kind of have to start over. But I feel we have an amazing opportunity 'starting over'. We will gain new experiences, friends, colleagues, professors, food, labs, knowledge......and the list goes on. But there will always be one constant, you will always be you.

Good luck on your new adventures!