Simmons vs. BU

kikih

Hi All,

I am trying to decide between Simmons and BU for my MSW. Financially, it looks like my burden will be the same for both. I am interested in clinical practice,which i know is Simmons' strength, but I'm also thinking that BU might have more connections for field placement (such as at the large hospitals around the city). Does anyone think this or have any advice on how I can make a decision? Thanks (this forum is so great)!!

Kiki

Hey Kiki, I'm in the exact same situation as you are!! I've been offered the same financial aid/scholarship package at both programs, and both programs offer a specialization/certificate in trauma studies. I'm totally new to this and have no idea what other factors to consider. I'm torn!! I cant say I have any advice as I'm in the same boat as you are, but I can definitely sympathasize. I'm attending Simmons MSW Info Session this Thursday at 6pm, are you planning to? If not and you have any questions that you'd like me to ask for you, I can definitely do that! Best of luck...I'll keep you updated with any info that I may find that will help us make this difficult decision.

Jenn