armchairette Posted February 24, 2014 Share Posted February 24, 2014 I've applied to 3 US programs and 1 Canadian in my field. Program X had a significantly earlier application timeline that the others (or the national average/standards). That program has accepted me. They have given me 2 weeks to make a decision. It is my 2nd choice program, however. I do not expect the other programs to make a move much before the traditional notification deadline. I do not want to lose out on my 1st choice (Program Y) if it is also going to be an acceptance, but I also don't want to miss out on a great program I know I am in and can afford. If it helps none are top tier in my field (Program X is 2nd tier, the others are 3rd), all are state schools (excluding the Canadian), all are out of state for me, and all were specifically chosen due to faculty or research foci of the programs. I'm wondering if any of you have advice in regards to informing the other programs that I already have an offer (and funding) for program X? Is a polite email appropriate? A phone call? Nothing at all? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now