Grade Conversion

Fallen

Hello,

I'm a canadian student applying to PhD programs in Biochemistry next year, and I was wondering how American schools converted grades.

My GPA on a 9.0 scale is 8.4. My grades range from A to A+ (major and cumulative). The only grade conversion I found online was the American Medical School Conversion Chart (which would convert my grades to a 4.0 overall).

Also, I will have two undergraduate degrees when I apply, the relevant one is the one with the 8.4/4.0 GPA, the other one, I completed a year a go is in a different subject area (mathematics) and the GPA is much lower, 2.5 overall.

Am I correct in assuming only the relevant degree will be considered?

Cheers

I think the medical school conversion chart will be accurate. But, I think that grad schools will want your entire undergrad history, regardless of the degree.

Probably a 3.73

I saw a grade conversion on a Texas University webpage that gave me that score, but the webpage lists 8.0 as an A-. My school doesn't have an A-.

I think I'm going to contact some schools that I'm interested in directly and see what they say.

Thank you!

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I saw a grade conversion on a Texas University webpage that gave me that score, but the webpage lists 8.0 as an A-. My school doesn't have an A-.

I think I'm going to contact some schools that I'm interested in directly and see what they say.

Thank you!

My school gives letters grades for particular classes but the GPA itself is a number. For example, an A in a class is a 4.0 per credit and an A- is a 3.66 per credit. So I guess you could say a 3.73 GPA averages out to about an A- but I've never heard someone refer to their GPA that way.

My school gives letters grades for particular classes but the GPA itself is a number. For example, an A in a class is a 4.0 per credit and an A- is a 3.66 per credit. So I guess you could say a 3.73 GPA averages out to about an A- but I've never heard someone refer to their GPA that way.

What I meant to say is, there is no possible way to get an A- at my school for a particular class. An A is 8.0 per credit and an A+ is 9.0.

I dont even get the percentages for my classes returned to me. The only way for me to know if I got a low A, or a high A is to request my finale exam grade and calculate my grade.