Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Think they'll send out any more? Only like five in total last year I think and four today...

Didn't expect to win the lottery in all honesty...expecting rejections from Stanford, Cornell, Harvard and Columbia in the next two weeks too.

UNC is the one I really want! Need to wait another week for that.

Good Luck!

Not crushed about Princeton, it wasn't the best fit of all the schools to which I applied. Not bad, but not as good as the others.

You've already got two good offers. What are you thinking at the moment (besides waiting for the rest that is)? 

I felt the same way about Northwestern. If they looked at my materials and either didn't think I was "good enough" or didn't see the fit that I thought was there, then they did me a favor by rejecting me. I know it's hard to accept that when we all feel so strongly about studying history (should I say obsessed?), but it's probably best to study it at a place that wholeheartedly wants you there--not just by accepting you but funding you as well.

There are about 3 more weeks in February, so it's still early...here's to fabulous acceptances with funding to everyone still anxiously waiting!

You've already got two good offers. What are you thinking at the moment (besides waiting for the rest that is)? 

I don't know what I'm thinking for the most part,  but I do know that my choice as of right now is harder than I thought it would be since Rochester's offer is so awesome.  Also, I'd be pretty bummed if I got rejected everywhere else.  I know, I know, I already have two offers and I can only go to one school, but that's not the point; rejection stings.

I felt the same way about Northwestern. If they looked at my materials and either didn't think I was "good enough" or didn't see the fit that I thought was there, then they did me a favor by rejecting me. I know it's hard to accept that when we all feel so strongly about studying history (should I say obsessed?), but it's probably best to study it at a place that wholeheartedly wants you there--not just by accepting you but funding you as well.

There are about 3 more weeks in February, so it's still early...here's to fabulous acceptances with funding to everyone still anxiously waiting!

Upvote! 

Now Harvard's name and prestige aside, it's the best fit for my research, from the faculty to the archive material, and so on, and I will be crushed if I don't get in.  Of course, it's not only about the school, it's also about the area, job opportunities for spouse, etc. so I'd still have to make a choice, but my little heart will just implode if I get a rejection from there.

Now Harvard's name and prestige aside, it's the best fit for my research, from the faculty to the archive material, and so on, and I will be crushed if I don't get in.  Of course, it's not only about the school, it's also about the area, job opportunities for spouse, etc. so I'd still have to make a choice, but my little heart will just implode if I get a rejection from there.

For your Heart to not implode alone, I really hope you get in.

I know, I'm being all enigmatic and stuff, but I'm afraid I'll identify myself to any AdComm member/POI lurking.  Paranoia at its best. 

I would judge them differently (read harshly) if I found out they were checking these forums out! Fair enough...probably for the best to be careful.

I wasn't able to get in here using the URL.  Had to google it and then go to the psychology board before hoping over to history....very odd.  The message I got when going straight to the URL almost looked like someone had deleted the index file for the main site. 

Pretty sure that this is the Internet telling me to chill out and go do something else for a while. I'm going to laugh if it turns out to be an accidental denial of service attack caused by legions of aspiring grad students all clicking the refresh button too often.