Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

I'm pretty sure they do things separately so decisions by one don't necessarily have an impact on decisions by the other. Sorry if that doesn't help!

Thank you, kblooms! For better or worse, I have not abandoned all hope  :mellow:

I think we need all the beers. This has been a helluva few months!

I wonder if past cohorts also felt the results came achingly slow haha

We can always pass the time by writing research papers on that subject. Heck, we have all the primary source material we need just a few pages back :D

I think we need all the beers. This has been a helluva few months!

I wonder if past cohorts also felt the results came achingly slow haha

I am having a Country Roots Sweet Potato Stout for you right now, Ashiepoo. (It is lunch-time here in Music City!)

Just some mild paranoia, but did anyone else apply to USC? I looked through the thread and saw a note from mid-Jan about decisions coming out. In previous years the admits were out by early Feb...

I don't know why the department hasn't communicated with waitlist/rejected students yet. They sent out the list of accepted students to the current students and faculty in January and contacted accepted students (just eight this year). You might want to contact the department directly and see if they have any news for you. Perhaps they are doing a silent waitlist? Sorry I can't offer more insight! 

I don't know why the department hasn't communicated with waitlist/rejected students yet. They sent out the list of accepted students to the current students and faculty in January and contacted accepted students (just eight this year). You might want to contact the department directly and see if they have any news for you. Perhaps they are doing a silent waitlist? Sorry I can't offer more insight! 

Damn. That sucks. That one was another good fit based on POI emails and referrals to other faculty. Thanks for the update :)

I got into Albany, but I'm most likely going to turn down the offer. I've just been waiting to get more info on funding from Minn and Davis before I make that decision. The department at Albany is wonderful, so this totally sucks, but I know it's a good problem to have. I know they do admission in waves, and once they hear back from the first wave they start admitting the second, so hopefully someone else gets good news :)

damn, girl! Leave some for the rest of us! ;) You're giving me a complex here! 

but seriously.... congratulations. :)

I got into Albany, but I'm most likely going to turn down the offer. I've just been waiting to get more info on funding from Minn and Davis before I make that decision. The department at Albany is wonderful, so this totally sucks, but I know it's a good problem to have. I know they do admission in waves, and once they hear back from the first wave they start admitting the second, so hopefully someone else gets good news :)

Congrats again Ashiepoo!! You're killing it.