GSSA's - UMich

mridgeway

Hey all- has anyone received notice either way re: the GSSA positions at Michigan? The application said interviews would be offered mid-February, and the position offers extended in mid-March. I'm under the assumption if I haven't heard by now, then I won't be invited to interview. I plan to call next week to check in, but thought I'd post here as well.

I did receive an email late December/early January informing me that they received my application, and that they would let me know soon about their decision.

I received that as well! The only correspondence. I likely won't reach out until Wednesday but I'm going to call rather than email and see if that gets a faster response. I'm pretty close to making a decision, but this and the special program I applied to would def. affect my final choice.

I received that as well! The only correspondence. I likely won't reach out until Wednesday but I'm going to call rather than email and see if that gets a faster response. I'm pretty close to making a decision, but this and the special program I applied to would def. affect my final choice.

That is probably a better idea. Mind posting their response? 

That is probably a better idea. Mind posting their response?

Not at all- as long as you don't mind waiting until Wednesday! (I have a weekend long work event through Tuesday so doubt I'll have the time to call during business hours until then. I'm on the west coast).

Well, I didn't get a hold of Erin Zimmer, but the person who answered the general number (I think a student?) said they had not offered interviews yet. She didn't have a timeline, but she thought it would be soon. So- good to know!

I just heard from one of the special programs that I applied to yesterday. I got invited to an interview next week. Hopefully it means they are starting to get back to people. I haven't heard anything else about financial aid and was accepted almost a month and a half ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an invitation to interview for a GSSA position! 

Congratulations! Did you apply for the recruiting & admissions or career services GSSA? I was invited to interview for recruiting & admissions.

Congrats to you both! I haven't been on this forum much at all in the past two weeks, so I thought I'd update. I'm also interviewing for the position in admissions, and I'm getting pretty excited about UMich as an option (even outside of the position). Best of luck!

I interviewed last week as well. I believe they were finishing interviews this week, so I would assume we will know soon! I can't imagine it taking a long time to release the decision once all of the interviews are concluded.

I asked my recommenders to let me know if/when they call. The wait is killing me (not as bad as waiting for admission). I interviewed for the career services GSSA, and I really liked the woman who interviewed me. It would be awesome to get to work for her. 

I asked my recommenders to let me know if/when they call. The wait is killing me (not as bad as waiting for admission). I interviewed for the career services GSSA, and I really liked the woman who interviewed me. It would be awesome to get to work for her. 

I'm having such a different reaction- at this point, I don't mind the wait at all. Maybe because it's because I know we'll hear soon? (Although we did interview for different offices; no idea if Career Services and Admissions have different timelines). I'm really just glad we're at the very end of this whole process, finally. :)

I'm having such a different reaction- at this point, I don't mind the wait at all. Maybe because it's because I know we'll hear soon? (Although we did interview for different offices; no idea if Career Services and Admissions have different timelines). I'm really just glad we're at the very end of this whole process, finally. :)

I wish I could be that calm about it, mridgeway. I just want to know asap so I can figure out the next step either way!  Best of luck to you--we should know by tomorrow, right?

I wish I could be that calm about it, mridgeway. I just want to know asap so I can figure out the next step either way! Best of luck to you--we should know by tomorrow, right?

Thanks! Best of luck to you as well! I'm not planing to hear by tomorrow- I know they still had a couple interviews scheduled for early this week. I think next week is a realistic guess, especially if they are checking references.