MPH at UTHSC Houston Campus

rookie_mph

Hi everyone, 

I have been searching on this forum, but I see not much information/threads/posts on UTHSC school of Public health. All I see is IVY league universities and top notch grad schools being discussed most of the time. So, I am starting this thread to get to know people who applied to UTHSC, got accepted, studying at UTHSC. 

I applied to Houston campus for MPH in Epidemiology early in November. I am banking on UTHSC has its has research projects/studies conducted ot MD Anderson cancer center, Texas Medical Center and has tatal three medical center attached to it. And, the fees $$$ !! It has got awesome campus and located right next to rice University! It has studies conducted even at Rice university. Coming to my subject of Choice, being attached to Medical centers and Nursing schools the research and study opportunities are quite good as well.

Also, its tuition way too lower compared to most of the SPH. That is a big thing for me as I am an international student with dollar exchange rates soaring sky high I don't to carry huge burden of student loans on my shoulder. I have got a thing for warm weather and I am not good with any temperature less than 10C. So, Houston it is! :)

I would love to hear back from others. Good luck with your applications. :)

I applied to UTHSC - Houston. Submitted/completed SOPHAS mid February (late, I know) and still waiting to hear back. Is the turnaround time pretty quick for admission decisions?

Edited by busybev

I applied to UTHSC - Houston. Submitted/completed SOPHAS mid February (late, I know) and still waiting to hear back. Is the turnaround time pretty quick for admission decisions?

Yes, they take about 4-8 weeks after SOPHAS mails them the application (you can check the date on which it is mailed). You may hear back by mid/late march. You can call them to confirm whether they received the application and its status. Good luck :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...