Anyone here have a low GPA success story?

mygpasucks

I was not the greatest student in my first two years of undergrad. It looks like I'll have a cumulative total of 3.1 or 3.2 by the time I graduate. I'll have a major GPA of around 3.6 or 3.7 when I graduate at my state school, but it's nothing spectacular; it won't wow anyone and it looks like I'll have to depend on a great writing sample.

Was anyone here in a position similar to mine and how many of you were admitted to grad school? What was your GPA? What school did you get into?

Oh yeah, you can do it! I did poorly in undergrad and went to get my MA and graduated with a 4.0, now I have 6 offers! so you can see through others that it really is possible! Looks like you're ahead of the (3.0) curve. ;)

Edited by iphi

My undergrad GPA was 3.27, although my major GPA was 3.9 or so. I also have a Masters degree in education with a 3.95 GPA. I've been admitted to UW Seattle with funding and I'm still waiting to hear from a few more schools. 

My cum undergrad GPA was 3.1 or something similar - from a really small state school. I had to get an MA first, but you can see my results in my signature. It's possible!

Basically the same story here. 3.2 UGPA; 4.0 MA GPA. Accepted to a school in the mid 40s (but really great in my area) and a solid school just outside of the top 50, as well as a waitlist at a top 30 school (and still waiting to hear back from a few others). MA program was a small but wonderful program in Canada too, so don't think that it's either a top MA program or bust.

3.3 GPA in undergrad AND my first grad program.

The trick seems to be to go to a M.A. program such that your last two years of grades are mostly A's in grad clsses. This shows you've made some jump, either in terms of intellectual or personal maturity so that you can handle Ph.D. level work (at least, that's what Schwitzgebel says).