Interview Issues!

lrbrade

So after waiting to hear back from at least one of the 9 universities I finally heard back from one!

Very excited as I was interviewed via skype by my POI, but what do you do when the interview didn't go as well as you would have liked and you weren't able to answer some of the research related/theory questions. I know I would do excellently at the school but now I am very nervous and have a couple more interviews to get through at the school. 

Radio silence from the rest of the schools!

I got 5 interviews so far; I would recommend, try to be relax as much as possible. The tension you may have may significantly affect your conversation with him/her. If you are really stressed out like me, I'd recommend a shot of whiskey :P

Try to be yourself, I am sure you are going to reply them since they have seen such a spark in you, they wanted to make an interview.

I am not sure how things are going on in Psyc/Human Dev interviews, but i believe they are almost same in base. Instead of testing my skills or abilities, most of the time they asked me what did I do and what I want to do, what's my research interest.

And always smile during the interview whether the video is on or not. They sense that! :)

Edited by mux127

I got 5 interviews so far; I would recommend, try to be relax as much as possible. The tension you may have may significantly affect your conversation with him/her. If you are really stressed out like me, I'd recommend a shot of whiskey :P

Try to be yourself, I am sure you are going to reply them since they have seen such a spark in you, they wanted to make an interview.

I am not sure how things are going on in Psyc/Human Dev interviews, but i believe they are almost same in base. Instead of testing my skills or abilities, most of the time they asked me what did I do and what I want to do, what's my research interest.

And always smile during the interview whether the video is on or not. They sense that! :)

Thank you Mux127. Congratulations on getting 5 interviews! You seem to have a really great mindset about this whole process and I am sure that shines through! Fingers crossed the other 2 interviews with the faculty there go well, I got a lot of insight into what I need to work on and seem to be a good fit, just need to figure out how to talk about research and theory!