fresh and new to Grad Speech Language Path info seeking

Hi All,

I'm 42, I went to college fresh out of high school and got my BS ,,majored in Education. Minored in Speech Path. Now I'm switching careers and looking to get my masters in speech path.  I'm limited to online course or local (I am near Towson State)...

Ok,,question...I'm realizing most programs seem to have applications due the year prior to enrollement...is this the case or just what I'm seeing on this forum. For example, if I wanted to start classes in the Fall2014, is that even feasible or realistic? 

Thanks for any advice or info!

I would say that it's probably NOT realistic for Fall 2014; however, some schools do have an option to start in the spring semester.  I'm not sure which schools offer spring semester starts, but I know I have seen some members of this forum talking about spring start schools before.  If anyone more knowledgable than me wants to give info, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also remember that you will need a GRE, several letters of recommendation, an SOP, etc.  Sometimes it takes a while to get all that stuff together.  In total (if you count studying and taking the GRE), it took me about eight months to get my application together.