General Track -> Clinical Social Work

Homer8

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in an MSW program (it's a backup to my backup, actually) which offers a generalist track with electives that are clinically based. I intend on becoming a clinical social worker and it's unclear to me whether this program would be appropriate. The school in question is the University of North Dakota.

Second question - Does anyone have any experience or opinions on North Dakota's online program? (-:

Thank you in advance,

Andrew Naimou

PS: Since it's relevant to licensing - I live in and plan to work in Michigan.

Why not check out Wayne State/Michigan/MSU in Michigan? I am familiar with WSU and Michigan if you have questions about their program.

Thank you for the response!

WSU is actually my first choice with MSU as my second. While I believe myself to be a strong (but far from perfect) candidate (Strong GPA, volunteer experience), I like contingency plans.

I believe I'll take you up on the offer and send you a message soon - Thank you again.

While I don't have any experience there, I did apply to UND's Online program.  The deadline is in June and they don't have rolling admissions, so I'm going to go crazy waiting it out until July.  They are my number one choice (based on fit, program length, and funding).

The only reservation I have is the synchronous component of the program.  You have to "log on" to the course 2-3 times a week at specific times and webcam the course.