Asking whether or not I applied to the RA/TA positions

maelduin

So, I just recently got this e-mail regarding the TA/RA positions for an upcoming grad program, and for some reason I got it into my head (stupid though it is), that I might not have clicked the little box that said I was interested.

I know this is ridiculous, because I don't see why I would ever have done that. But, just to ease my own mind and assuage these pangs of doubt, do you think it'd be OK to e-mail the grad coordinator there just to double check? Or do you think that really it's not worth doing since what's done is done and unlikely to be changed?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

So, I just recently got this e-mail regarding the TA/RA positions for an upcoming grad program, and for some reason I got it into my head (stupid though it is), that I might not have clicked the little box that said I was interested.

I know this is ridiculous, because I don't see why I would ever have done that. But, just to ease my own mind and assuage these pangs of doubt, do you think it'd be OK to e-mail the grad coordinator there just to double check? Or do you think that really it's not worth doing since what's done is done and unlikely to be changed?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

A lot of schools have a separate application process or procedure for GAships.  At my current university, the department doesn't even handle those decisions--only placement!  So, I'd contact your POI and ask about the procedure for the university.

All of my applications were still accessible after submission - meaning I couldn't change or edit anything but was still able to log in, open it and see the info I submitted. Right after I clicked Submit, they also generated a copy of the entire application which I could save for my own record. So chances are you can still go back and check to see if you selected that little box, and if not, you can try contacting the Graduate Coordinator and see if he/she can help you with that (probably yes).