Suggestions for Very Consuming Distractions while Waiting

doingthings

Most definitely!  My concentration is actually in the field of biogeography, with a marine science focus, so I applied to the Geography program at UC Davis.  I've read all about the Bodega Lab and it seems great!  I just wish I would've applied to that program from the beginning...oh well.  

Those are both great programs!  I looked at applying to both, yet the ever-increasing application fees had already reached their peak.  It is good to see, however, that other marine sci applicants are on here!  Do you know if the programs you applied to typically interview candidates?

Those are both great programs!  I looked at applying to both, yet the ever-increasing application fees had already reached their peak.  It is good to see, however, that other marine sci applicants are on here!  Do you know if the programs you applied to typically interview candidates?

As far as I'm aware, they don't interview, but I'm applying for master's programs. I'm not sure if the protocol is different with PhD applicants (if you are one).

I assume that protocol is pretty standard with masters (vs. Ph.D.) programs.  I applied to about half and half, and that's what I've seen so far.  Good luck with everything and fingers crossed for positive news soon!!

I've never tried going birding before!! That actually sounds like a ton of fun! Maybe I'll see more than mourning doves if I actually try. (Also is that a nudibranch in your profile pic?? I love nudies.)

Yes, it is a nudibranch, though I couldn't tell you the species. Swiped it from google images!

If you have an Xbox, Get Mass Effect 1-3 and start from the beginning. Then get Dragon Age and play through those. Depending on how fast you play, you can then get Dragon Age: Inquisition when it comes out in the fall. I'm sorry... did I just start drooling on the forum? I do that about Dragon Age. For real though. PLAY SOME BIOWARE GAMES. and then Bioshock Infinite. Also the board game/iOS app Ticket to Ride is awesome.

If you have an Xbox, Get Mass Effect 1-3 and start from the beginning. Then get Dragon Age and play through those. Depending on how fast you play, you can then get Dragon Age: Inquisition when it comes out in the fall. I'm sorry... did I just start drooling on the forum? I do that about Dragon Age. For real though. PLAY SOME BIOWARE GAMES. and then Bioshock Infinite. Also the board game/iOS app Ticket to Ride is awesome.

Dude Bioware forever. I finished ME 1-3 and have been a huge fan of their KotoR and NWN games. Haven't played Dragon Age yet and barely started Bioshock Infinite (thank you PS+), because I've got some serious back log. 

The ME series too good. 

Yes, LOVE ME some Mass Effect. If you liked it, DEFINITELY check out Dragon Age. I got into DA first and then ME. And I started with DA2. Which i love more than DA:O, but many disagree with me. I almost envy you getting to play it for the first time. Can't wait til DA:I

Here's to a weekend in which we will all probably hear absolutely nothing (unless snail mail delivers news)! 

This may help pass some time though:

http://www.dorkly.com/article/59332/there-are-thousands-of-people-trying-to-play-the-same-game-of-pokemon

LOL I watched this and thought it was never going to end. 

I'm glad we're all in this together. I mean, not that I don't want you all to hear back, I'm just happy we're not suffering alone.