Research/Teaching Assistantship Question?

How much money can a master's student in Statistics expect to earn from research or teaching assistantship at top schools like Chicago, Stanford, Berkeley, etc.?

And how does a master's student typically find a RA/TA position once they get there?

Thanks!!!

That's going to vary a lot between programs. You should email whomever is in charge of that funding allocation. You can also look online to see if they have listed average rates for each kind of position.

To find an RA or TA, I assume that you need to ask your advisor at the university, or see if there are requirements (such as TA) for the university) which would allow you to pick from a university pool of money instead of your advisor's.

How much money can a master's student in Statistics expect to earn from research or teaching assistantship at top schools like Chicago, Stanford, Berkeley, etc.?

And how does a master's student typically find a RA/TA position once they get there?

Thanks!!!

There are a lot of options in terms of funding; Most people think that RA/TA/Fellowship is the only way to get funded but there tends to be GAships that are open to students of all departments. For example my good friend works for the waste removal department getting rid of all lab waste (because they are toxic). That pays him the same as my TAship, including tuition waiver. Typically you email these people to see if they have openings, more or less like you would find a job.