Stanford PhD Mechanical

Johnny_Boy

Has anyone heard from this prestigious program? Came to know that they only hire their MS. Rarely take MS from other universities :(

Any feed back? My POI, luckily, replied me that he would inform me if I fall in his narrow selection. :/

I am also waiting to hear from them to decide where to go. It was very interesting when I contacted my POI, he told me that PhD in Stanford requires to do MS there as well. I am actually already doing MS. I do not know whether they consider every candidate from outside Stanford for MS. 

Edited by tuschu

Hi Tuschu,

From what I heard they do not take MS to do PhD there often. But, who knows we can get in! So what is your research field? What about your acceptances?

Yes I heard that too and I do not understand the reasoning behind that. I am doing CFD. 

I also see from results search that they announce admission decisions by postal service! And it is March 10th, we need results to decide where to go..

Yes I heard that too and I do not understand the reasoning behind that. I am doing CFD. 

I also see from results search that they announce admission decisions by postal service! And it is March 10th, we need results to decide where to go..Yes, 

Yes, I am also in CFD. Where did you get admitted to as of now? Who is your POI there: You can PM me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am also in CFD. Where did you get admitted to as of now? Who is your POI there: You can PM me. 

Have you heard anything from Stanford Mechanical PhD? I still have not heard anything.