MICA Mount Royal Waitlist

libbybarbee

I was on the phone with them today, they weren't sure of things yet. I was told they were concentrating on Hoffberger today, and would be working on some of the other schools (including Mt Royal) tomorrow. Call them if you are curious, they are really nice.

Can't wait for this to be over, I'm debating whether or not I should keep waiting on MICA at all...

Thanks for the reply. That's good news I guess, but I am like you- I just want to be done with this whole thing. If I am going to attend SVA, I need to put down $1000 by Thursday. I'm kind of cutting it close as it is and I don't know what i should do. I really like MICA, so I will wait it out. Grrrr... this whole process could seriously put me over the edge.

ugh!

Did you get that form email too? Now they're saying they'll be updating people on Monday the 20th. How does that work with anyone's schedule as far as notifying other schools is concerned?!? I have given up, they'd have to give me a world of financial aid anyway.

Yes, this stinks. I haven't received any financial aid love anywhere else yet, so I guess I'll keep waiting as long as I can for MICA. I missed the date to put down my deposit at SVA yesterday (didn't really like the program too much and they weren't offering a cent of aid) and now I'm down to SFAI's dual MFA/MA program, SAIC post-bac, and Art Center. Would it be stupid to just wait another year and apply again? If I am going to pay a fortune anyway, I would like it to at least be for a program that I love.

Well, I accepted another program's offer. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that. MICA isn't my dream school, and it is unlikely that they will offer me enough money to pick them over one of my other choices. So it would seem you now have one fewer person to compete against off the waitlist.

This year, from what everyone's saying, was insanely competitive. If the economy continues to suck ass, next year will probably also be a tough year to gain admission. If you really hate the programs you've been accepted to, it might be best to wait. But my suspicion is that you must like something about them if you went to the trouble to apply.

I am really disappointed with the way that MICA is handling things with their waitlist. On the bright side, if you are one of the few people who can tolerate this level of dicking around, (RE: schedules and deadlines for other schools) chances of getting in off the list seem pretty high.

Still no word from MICA? And after they sent us that email saying that they would email us first thing Monday morning and let us know what was going on. I couldn't even get ahold of graduate admissions today. What the h#@% man? This is seriously getting frustrating.

I know, right?

I understand that these are difficult situations for them to make, but staying on that roller coaster any longer is just not my cup of tea. Which is kind of surprising, because I usually benefit from dismissive/ hateful critiques... I thought that my desire to go there would increase with their apathy toward me. I guess I've just grown out of that.

I hope it works out for you!