Acceptance conditional upon taking a math course

CapoBran

Hey y'all,

I just received an e-mail from one of the few MPP programs I applied to, and probably my top choice at this point. They said that, as soon as I can demonstrate my proficiency in college algebra, I'll be admitted to the program. Now, I'm very excited about this, as I've basically been accepted. My options are to re-take the GRE, which I don't want to do, or earn a B or better in a college algebra course.

I'm curious if anyone else is in the same situation? Does anyone know of a good online college algebra course that I can take before august? The easier the better, honestly, as I've got to worry about this last semester and an internship over the summer. 

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

On 3/11/2014 at 10:48 AM, CapoBran said:

Does anyone know of a good online college algebra course that I can take before august?

BYU Independent Study offers accredited online courses, and they are the cheapest that I know of (approx. $500 total for a 3-credit College Algebra course). You can start whenever.

I bet your local community college has online math classes. It will probably be much cheaper than taking the class through a 4 year school. I took my stats requirement online at Foothill College in CA I'd recommend it to others.