University of Redlands Communication Sciences and Disorders

My exchanges with the department...

UofR will be notifying applicants of their status at the end of this month. We will notify you via email, regular mail or both.

I also just gleaned the following, which does not leave much time for employment.
The graduate program is a full time, day time program, 
Monday - Thursday. Classes start as early as 8:00 AM and end as late as 9:00 PM  Clinic hours vary and some are offsite on Fridays.

My exchanges with the department...

UofR will be notifying applicants of their status at the end of this month. We will notify you via email, regular mail or both.

I also just gleaned the following, which does not leave much time for employment.

The graduate program is a full time, day time program, Monday - Thursday. Classes start as early as 8:00 AM and end as late as 9:00 PM  Clinic hours vary and some are offsite on Fridays.

Thanks so much for the info! I also applied to Redlands and I have been waiting anxiously for info! Good luck to all! BTW, do you happen to know if Redlands will hold an interview??

• 1 month later...

I was offered an admission spot this morning. I had already accepted at LLU. I'm in the valley of decision.

Help!

I was wait listed at LLU and offered admission to Redlands (which I accepted before the 15th and made a deposit). I received a call & email from LLU two days ago offering admission. I am now in the process of deciding too!! Any thoughts?!?!? They are both fantastic programs. The faculty bio on Redlands' web site is very impressive. I heard that Dr. Groher is very well known in the world of swallowing disorders (which is something that I'm interested in). LLU doesn't have as detailed of a faculty bio page but their medical center is so well known and that may be hard to find in other local programs.

I am so torn!!!! I am trying my best to make a decision ASAP!!  

Nik24, 

This is helping a bit. Comparing apples to apples.

Tuition at Redlands: "The Master of Science degree program is a minimum of 60 units.  The minimum cost is approximately $53,400.00*  

Tuition at LLU: 

Communication Sciences & Disorders—Masters of Science

Year 1 - 33 units, $23,265,  $705/unit

Year 2 - 23 units, $16,215, $705/unit

Class schedule at Redlands: Expect to be on campus Monday thru Thursday from 9 am to 8 pm for classes. Clinic hours on Friday.

Class schedule at LLU: 3 weeknights 4 - 8 pm. One weekly 4 hour morning clinic. One monthly Friday morning clinic.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to you guys!

My application for Redlands Uni is rejected. I am so much wondering what your GPA's and GRE's etc. are like. What other stuff did you present them in addition?

Thank you.