If you know where you're going...

Does the wait make it even better?

Still waiting on Purdue, Rochester, and Rhode Island. The latter two are ignoring me.

Ignoring you like, you haven't heard a decision, or like, they aren't answering emails? Because with Rhode Island, you really have to just call them or log onto their website (but really just call them).

Hi, I'm going to the CUNY Grad Center. I turned down UChicago's MAPH, a Columbia MA, and an NYU MA. If anyone is waiting to hear from those programs, I hope this helps.

(Oh, and an edit - the MAs are for English programs, not Comp. Lit.)

Ignoring you like, you haven't heard a decision, or like, they aren't answering emails? Because with Rhode Island, you really have to just call them or log onto their website (but really just call them).

They are not answering my emails, and I have not heard. As far as RI, i created an account and everything and the status hasn't changed.

They are not answering my emails, and I have not heard. As far as RI, i created an account and everything and the status hasn't changed.

I called and asked the secretary, and she just told me over the phone. My online status didn't change until like a month after that, and I JUST got my letter in the mail like 1-2 weeks ago.

Anyone else STILL DECIDING? Or is it just me? I got accepted off of a wait list the afternoon of the 14th - not exactly great timing.

Congrats on at least getting in off the wait list! I'm relieved to know someone else is in a similar situation, although yours is currently better than mine. I'm actually still waiting to hear from two wait lists. I think one of them is over as they hinted the chances weren't good, but the other program still had five of seven admission offers without responses as of Monday, and so I am hoping to hear from them early on the 15th. If they don't get back to me in time, I will have to accept the best offer I have so far received. I'm anxious to hear from them (one way or the other) and eager to get this over with and start planning for my move and beginning work PhD work in the fall.

Anyone else STILL DECIDING? Or is it just me? I got accepted off of a wait list the afternoon of the 14th - not exactly great timing.

I would say that IS great timing; I am still ON a wait list, and thus have to continue to wait to see if I even get to go to grad school next year. Having to decide between multiple offers quickly isn't exactly the worst position in the world.

Certainly it's not the worst position to be accepted off the wait list on the 14th as you point out, but it does make for a really stressful time. I was accepted off that wait list this weekend and they said I had until today to decide. Really? A couple of days? Thankfully, I had already been emailing people and getting to know all the programs where I was waitlisted. In the end, that one acceptance simply made the decision easy. Best of luck to others. This whole process is trial by fire, then that fire is doused by multiple Gulliver-sized adcoms pissing on the fire of your Lilliputian dream home in academia (how's that for a literary analogy?).