IUPUI | Any chance of getting in for Fall?

kal1337

Hello, this is my first post on this forum.

Well I have been trying to apply to graduate schools, and I applied to Purdue at first, which transferred my papers onto IUPUI so that they can evaluate me. They sent me an email, I was rejected from the PhD program, but they also said to apply to the MS program, they just wanted a yes or no, of whether Id like to apply for it. And so right now im waiting on the reply of IUPUI for the MS admission. I plan on continuing in the field of computer science, as that is what my Bachelors was.

Background:

GPA:3.46

Major GPA: 3.62

TOEFL: 94

I have participated in many competitions, and received different awards, one of which was signed by bill gates too. I was the president of ACM at my university previously. I worked as a part-time tutor for upper division courses at my University. Also not sure if this matters, but I don't need funding from the university, an organization will be funding the whole thing upon acceptance.

Any ideas? I'm starting to loose hope.

I am in the same boat too! I applied for PhD at School of Informatics but was rejected and was considered for masters

and the result is due mid April. 

For which program did you apply ? and did they give PhD admissions this year ?

after you apply you need to email the program director and tell them that you have external funding, if your stats are good they should accept you almost right away. I went to a conference with some of the top graduate recruiters and they said that I after I apply I get a company or fellowship or whatever source of money after I have applied to contact the program and let it be known...they want your money.

Hey Guys,

Well I received informal acceptance they said they will process my papers after they get my official transcripts, which I sent in on the same day I received the email.

And I don't believe they gave anyone, or anyone I have heard of PhD admission. But hopefully I can work at the Masters level and then get into the PhD program. I applied to the Computer Science program.

Seems like I have another situation to deal with right now. I need to get my embassy to approve IUPUI, as its not on the list for the CS majors, but Purdue is. I am hoping to clear this up, I really want to go to IUPUI. 

The International Office at IUPUI said they would contact my embassy, based on Washington. I really hope they can sort it all out. Its like this is a never ending route. :( 

Is IUPUI a good school for CS?

Are you going to Purdue University dept of CS or Indiana University's school of Informatics?

Both universities are merged to together, Indianapolis campus is divided between these two schools!

So you will be getting degree from either of these schools and both are good schools. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will be going to the Purdue Dept. of CS. 

I am just hoping I can sort out my situation, and get the whole issue resolved. I sent in my official transcript and diploma today.

What about you? Which school are you going to? maybe wed bump into one another....

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use