UCLA History Graduate Admission Stats.

ToomuchLes

One of the many universities that I will be applying to, this upcoming Fall, will be UCLA; however I cannot find any available admission statistics, besides the ones provided on their website. Therefore, if anyone has any credible outside sources regarding graduate admission, I'd greatly appreciate it 

I just met with my new faculty adviser and the admissions office.  Out of 300 apps, 20 were accepted, so figure 7.5% acceptance rate this year.  Remember that certain concentrations are flooded, while others not as much.  Also, they said this year was the most competitive in a long time and they regrettably had to deny many qualified candidates.  

If you are serious about UCLA, having met several of the faculty already, you can PM me and I can tell you more.

For anyone currently on the waitlist, I can also say that the Letters of Intent have still not been emailed to accepted candidates.  This may be a good thing, for if any of them have been accepted to other top schools, they may already have the paperwork to commit.  I will know more on March 20th.

Edited by awells27

Also, they said this year was the most competitive in a long time and they regrettably had to deny many qualified candidates.  

This makes me feel a lot better about my rejection. I'm going to tell myself that I was one of these qualified applicants whom they speak of.

This makes me feel a lot better about my rejection. I'm going to tell myself that I was one of these qualified applicants whom they speak of.

They said US History was flooded, as it is every year.   Was Irvine your only MA admit, or were the others MA as well?

Edited by awells27

They said US History was flooded, as it is every year.   Was Irvine your only MA admit, or were the others MA as well?

UCI was my only MA admit. My other admits were all PhD programs.

I now realize how my signature might be confusing.

You have some serious admits; I would presume your SOP was right on target, and your writing sample must also have been quite good.  So Have you decided on which offer to take?

You have some serious admits; I would presume your SOP was right on target, and your writing sample must also have been quite good.  So Have you decided on which offer to take?

Not yet. I've already visited Yale for its prospective student weekend. I'm supposed to be at Brown for its own prospective student weekend right now, but unexpected weather cancellations and horrendous customer service have trapped me in Washington D.C. for the moment.

Edited by thedig13