Cornell Comp. lit???

I wrote the DGS and was rejected through the mail. I have to say that I guess the list is closed already. But they should inform applicants. Also waiting on NYU. I think it took NYU too long to reject me!

Edited by WendyWonderland

oh yeah me too. I'm waiting to hear back from nyu but I already know it's a rejection I guess.

I am almost sure that it's a rejection for me, but it would also be good news if they would consider me for a MA. After all I am applying for MAs now.

I too applied for Comp Lit at Cornell -- they emailed me early in February to say they moved my application over to Romance Studies/French and accepted me there (I declined the offer last week). The email I received said they were accepting very few people into Comp Lit, so I'd be surprised if more offers are going out. 

As a general note, and for people like exponentialdecay considering applying to Cornell, the Romance Studies Department seems really awesome. It is a very flexible department, as well, and assured me I could travel between languages/discourses.

Edited by TDazzle

Same thing happened to me as TDazzle -- ended up being made an offer by Romance Studies, and yeah they told me they only admit 2 people a year to Comp Lit. I still haven't made a decision but I will most likely accept the offer, even though I applied to Comp Lit and have received Comp Lit offers from elsewhere. Romance Studies is still a good enough fit for me, especially given that, as TDazzle says, they're quite open to more comparative work. And the draw of Cornell in general is pretty strong. Out of curiosity, which program did you choose over Cornell, TDazzle?

Same thing happened to me as TDazzle -- ended up being made an offer by Romance Studies, and yeah they told me they only admit 2 people a year to Comp Lit. I still haven't made a decision but I will most likely accept the offer, even though I applied to Comp Lit and have received Comp Lit offers from elsewhere. Romance Studies is still a good enough fit for me, especially given that, as TDazzle says, they're quite open to more comparative work. And the draw of Cornell in general is pretty strong. Out of curiosity, which program did you choose over Cornell, TDazzle?

Hi Ivan – I thought the program seemed really interesting, but at the end of the day I felt more comfortable calling an English Department my home-base. Haven't chosen yet, but am deciding between Chicago and Columbia, each of which allows for a good deal of second-language work. Seeing that Rancière is visiting this semester certainly tempted me to keep the offer open... Good luck on your choices – turning down the Romance Studies Department was incredibly difficult!