Hi! I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the MA program in English at McGill. I have a few offers but I'm leaning towards McGill right now as it seems to be the best in terms of fit and placement, but I do have a better funded offer somewhere else. Any experiences/information would be helpful! Also, is anyone else considering offers from McGill for this fall?? My interests are in performance theory and film/media/visual culture with a focus on gender, so the program at McGill seems super exciting.

Hi there! I'm also considering McGill for this fall, so I second this question. I'm trying to way the different Canadian programs. My general interests are 20/21C American lit and theory. I'm conflicted because I'm interested in the TA possibility in the second year, but also wondering whether it's possible to complete their program in one year...

Are you an American student? I'm so anxious to hear back about the rest of the funding they can offer - it's the only thing keeping me from just accepting right now. The other offer I got is pretty much fully funded, but the program/faculty aren't such a perfect fit for me like McGill's are. Plus McGill's placement looks pretty promising. Money sucks. 

Yep I'm American, also anxious to hear about the funding from this and another MA. It does seem to be the most affordable I've seen in terms of tuition, so that helps. I'm surprised they don't have a designated visit day.. would you visit the two programs?

I'm going to try to visit, though the graduate assistant hasn't been responsive. But it wouldn't be too bad of a drive for me. I get the feeling we won't hear more about additional funding for quite awhile. I also get the feeling this thread will just be the two of us!