Jump to content

Electrical Engineering University of Toronto or Wait?


dvfire
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

I have offers for research (MaSc. program with funding) at U of T, and I've gotten an official acceptance of which I must reply back by March 24.  In the meantime, it is still possible for me to get accepted into the PhD program for research at UCLA and Cornell, both of which are my choices over U of T.  However, up to this point I haven't heard anything from these schools and the result page already had some acceptances.  Should I assume I got rejected and just accept U of T?  If after accepting the offer I got offers from UCLA or Cornell, what should I do to inform my U of T prof that I am not going to be your student in fall? (I know it looks bad especially after you officially said yes).

 

Thanks for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't assume anything. I would pick up my phone and call Cornell and UCLA to know my application status. You need to know facts to make a decision... Not assumptions.

And please, DO NOT accept an offer that you can potentially turn down a few days later. It is just not the right thing to do, and everybody loses.

Good luck

Edited by EngineerGrad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks EngGrad for your advise. I will call the schools and find out my status.

In a day in which everything is done through email, you'd be surpised by the amount of information you can get with a phone call.

Best of luck, and congrats on your u of t acceptance! :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.