Viterbi Fellowship Rejection

jino

This morning I got an email from USC which says

"Dear USC Viterbi Engineering Student,

Thank you for your application to the Dean's Master's Fellowship for the University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering.

I regret to inform you that you were not selected for the scholarship. It was a very difficult decision as the response to this program was greater than anticipated and highly selective. We had numerous outstanding applicants, yours among them.

I hope that you will still be attending USC this Fall and am certain you will have a rewarding and enjoyable experience."

Now, I don't mind not getting the fellowship as I really didn't think that I had a real shot at it. However, I haven't seen or heard any decision on my application from USC ever since I applied a few months ago. Does this mean I'm in? It called me a "Viterbi Engineering Student" and "hope that you will still be attending USC this fall..."

Am I reading too much into it? Did they send this to all waiting or even rejected applicants?