What is the consensus on reapplying to a program?

Coreythegiraffe

So this year I had interviews with 4 out of the 5 programs I applied to, and was wait-listed for 3 of them. So obviously someone is interested. 

Perhaps I just need a bit more time. After having all these interviews, I think being able to present yourself is vital.

Would it be reasonable to reapply to a program where I was previously wait listed? Or would the results probably be the same? 
Of course I plan to work hard on making my practice and subsequent application better than this past year. 

I have heard of people reapplying to programs they were previously rejected from and being accepted the second time around (Yale specifically). 

Thoughts? 

YES! I was wait listed last year and got in this year. I published a paper, volunteered more, and took two additional courses. Good luck. 

Edited by DeafAudi

I applied to my 1st choice 3 times.  First time I was rejected, the second time I was waitlisted, and the third time I made it.  A lot of programs appreciate someone who reapplies, as long as they show they've taken that time to work on improving their work and portfolio.  If you apply with the same stuff as before, then you can probably expect the same result.