COLUMBIA GSAPP - MS URBAN PLANNING (HELP)

Hi guys,

I just got accepted to GSAPP's MSUP program, and I was wondering if there are any GSAPP students or alums out there that can give me an insider look into the program.

I got couple questions:

1) Are all funding need-based? And what are ppl's chance at landing RA or TA positions?

2) I like the IDEV focus of GSAPP very much.

How are the faculty? Do you think it's robust enough, with sufficient number of faculty members

(I heard the UP faculty is a bit small) 

3) Is career service really that bad at GSAPP??

4) Overall do you recommend the program? What are the good/bad you can think off the top of your head?

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

I am also an GSAPP MUP newly admitted student. I accepted the offer. Some facts that I would offer:

1, The school is very good in architecture, so the planning program should not be too bad.

2, The school is based in NYC, which should set a good ground for both learning background and career prosperity.

3, You can take courses in almost all other departments/schools excluding the teacher's college.

4, It is an old program.

5, It is Columbia University!!

6, Some stats about job finding: http://www.arch.columbia.edu/files/gsapp/imceshared/cce2119/Public_Information.pdf

If you are interested to get in contact, email me: mrsonysun@gmail.com   :)

L

I was also accepted by GSAPP's MSUP and I've also been wondering about funding. We would really appreciate a current student or alum's insight.

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey!
I'm a final yr b.plan student at SPA, Delhi. I just got an admit from Columbia's GSAPP in Master's in Planning program for Fall 2015 term. I would like to know how's course curriculum like at Columbia, the internship and job opportunities at NYC and any way i can fund my expenses through part time job? 
Also, I'm currently in a fix whether to go for Columbia, USC or Rutgers. Do you have any idea how much studying in Columbia cost me? And what about electives? I have heard we can choose any subject from the whole university as an elective in final year.

Thank you so much in advance!  :)