Who is the worst philosopher ever?

Establishment

Interestingly this list contains pretty much everyone who has been worth reading in the last 200ish years

EDIT: Scratch that, this list has pretty much every important philosopher on it. Except for bell hooks. Who the hell is that?

Edited by bar_scene_gambler

Interestingly this list contains pretty much everyone who has been worth reading in the last 200ish years

EDIT: Scratch that, this list has pretty much every important philosopher on it. Except for bell hooks. Who the hell is that?

You don't know bell hooks? Most of her writing is about race and gender. Her work on education is amazing; I read Teaching To Transgress before I started teaching and I was a million times better for it. She's more well known as a critical theorist, I guess. 

You don't know bell hooks? Most of her writing is about race and gender. Her work on education is amazing; I read Teaching To Transgress before I started teaching and I was a million times better for it. She's more well known as a critical theorist, I guess. 

No, I've never really had any interest in race and gender theory. Not that it isn't valuable, it's just that I have never wanted to read anything that deals with race or gender. It's just not my thing. The only race/gender theorist I have ever had an interest in is Angela Davis, and that's mainly because of her stuff on the prison system.

I don't see anyone on that list outside of the old-dead people who I have read or see as major figures in philosophy. Which is good. We make fun of continentalists in America. Don't you know that by now? 

(I should note that this is in jest, and mostly a reference to Bar "dirty continentalist" Gambler's other posts elsewhere)  

I don't see anyone on that list outside of the old-dead people who I have read or see as major figures in philosophy. Which is good. We make fun of continentalists in America. Don't you know that by now?

(I should note that this is in jest, and mostly a reference to Bar "dirty continentalist" Gambler's other posts elsewhere)

Ah. So I've been discovered.

It wasn't very hard. Same with your name. Or what college you went too. Or your social security number.

I'm not sure if you're joking considering that there is apparently someone here who knows my first name because she recognized my writing style.

I'm not sure if you're joking considering that there is apparently someone here who knows my first name because she recognized my writing style.

Honestly, I just know your Reddit username and name of the college you attend. Add me on facebook and I'll know your name ;)

• 1 month later...

I don't know, but I'm sure that there's a fact of the matter to this question.

I was thinking the opposite. Shit philosophy is so very often in the eye of the beholder.