2nd time applying, is it worth it?

Hey guys, any and all advice is appreciated :) I graduated Almost 2 years ago with my undergrad in communication disorders. In the 7 pre-req's my alma-mater looks at, I had an extremely low GPA of a 3.0. I applied to some out of state schools just to test it out and I obviously didn't get in.For the past 2 years since I've graduated, I've been gaining lots if experience and I'm on my 3rd and last class of retaking. With retaking I've raised my GPA to a 3.3 and I'm shooting for at least a 3.4 at the end of this semester with the anatomy I'm currently retaking. I have experience volunteering at a special needs preschool, working as a speech therapy technician, trained in ABA therapy, and currently am teaching English to non-English speaking preschool students. My GRE scores aren't that great, I received a 4.0 in the writing portion and didn't do so well in the quantative and verbal portion. I also began my backup plan this semester in a masters program for special education and have been receiving As on everything so far. I know this was super long, but do any of you feel I still have a chance?

I think you have a great chance! I applied for the second time this year, and just having the additional letters of rec. from working as an SLPA, doing extra training, and volunteering, I got accepted to two places and wait listed at a few. I don't have great stats, either. I also wrote my letter of intent again and approached it from a completely different direction. If you take the time to continue bettering your app, you'll get accepted somewhere. Retake the GRE and study. I've been told several times that (at least for the verbal), it's a lot of memorization. If you can do that, you'll automatically increase your score. I didn't retake mine, but I think it would have helped even more. Also, look into schools everywhere! Apply to places where your stats are within range to increase your chances. Professors at those schools are going to LOVE All of your experiences on top of your efforts to increase your GPA and take graduate level courses. I don't think you should give up if you still want to be an SLP. You can do it! You just have to find the schools that are going to be a good fit for you, and who are going to appreciate what you have to offer. It took me SO much extra time to go through the application process this year, but it was totally worth it. Good luck! 

Hey guys, any and all advice is appreciated :) I graduated Almost 2 years ago with my undergrad in communication disorders. In the 7 pre-req's my alma-mater looks at, I had an extremely low GPA of a 3.0. I applied to some out of state schools just to test it out and I obviously didn't get in.For the past 2 years since I've graduated, I've been gaining lots if experience and I'm on my 3rd and last class of retaking. With retaking I've raised my GPA to a 3.3 and I'm shooting for at least a 3.4 at the end of this semester with the anatomy I'm currently retaking. I have experience volunteering at a special needs preschool, working as a speech therapy technician, trained in ABA therapy, and currently am teaching English to non-English speaking preschool students. My GRE scores aren't that great, I received a 4.0 in the writing portion and didn't do so well in the quantative and verbal portion. I also began my backup plan this semester in a masters program for special education and have been receiving As on everything so far. I know this was super long, but do any of you feel I still have a chance?

When I graduated in 2012 I applied to three programs. Silly of me, but I had no idea what I was doing and I did not have any type of mentor or family toask advice from. Anyhow, I did not get into any of the three programs. I cried, of course, was devastated and so discouraged. I decided I would start pursuing a Masters in Spanish and reapply for SLP when I finished. Here we are two years later, I graduate next month and I am currently considering offers from 4 different SLP programs. 

What changed about my application?   My SHS/CD grades are exactly the same, my GRE scores barely improved the second time, and I asked for the same professors to write my letters of rec. 

The only thing I can imagine is that, at this point, I have proven my ability to be successful in a graduate program (I have a straight-A record in my MA prgm) and in my letter of intent, I explained that my only motivations for pursing my current degree (In Spanish Linguistics) were directly related to my goal to become an SLP, that I knew it would make me more a more effective, knowledgable SLP. 

So all that to get to my point, OF COURSE THERE IS A POINT TO REAPPLYING!! Every year the applicant pool changes and your GRE scores and GPA hold a different value. In addition, you are planning to pursue a Masters in Special Ed. I think that is great plan and will strengthen your application tremendously. Also, apply all across the country. Do not focus on a specific region––I notice that the same groups of students tend to apply to same schools, so you are essentially competing against the same people over and over. 

@ljhslp thank you for your insightful advice! I will definitely consider retaking the GRE since I didn't study at all the first time around. I have some hope, I've researched many different career paths and it only leads me back to speech. Hopefully my persistence will pay off. Congratulations on your acceptance people like you give me hope :). @e_lena thank you so much for the advice! Your situation is very similar to mine. I thought I was the only one pursuing another masters while still attempting to get in for speech. Congratulations on your grad school offers, we definitely need more Spanish speaking SLPs out there!