Seton Hall

This is taking foreverrrr. Has anyone been rejected from this program yet???

I know people who have received rejections from Seton Hall via mail. It seems like they are making phone calls for acceptances and rejecting through mail. However, I don't know where that leaves those of us who haven't heard! Either we haven't received the rejection letter yet  :( or they are one of the schools that sends out their 1st wave of acceptances and see what replies they get and then notify more people. 

Hmmm.. I live like 30 minutes from Seton Hall. Do you know when the received the letters? 

I really hope it's the case of sending out the acceptance in very small waves! I feel like soo few were accepted, from what it looks like on gradcafe, they can't be finished yet! They are taking such a long time though.  :(

From the days they received their letters it seemed that Seton Hall sent them out on different days. They all live fairly close and received them on different days. I also live close but have not gotten anything.

I emailed the department and they told me that the decision process is still in review and that everyone should be hearing from them within the next two weeks! Ugh, so long!

Thanks for sharing! That is long but hopefully we'll be hearing soon :) Is this your first choice?

Two weeks, okay thats not so terrible... I can live on hope for two more weeks lol 

Thanks for the update!!

Seton Hall come on come on accept us. (thats my chant)  :P or maybe its a demand.. 

I need to write LOCI and I feel like I am applying all over again. sucks.

I didn't apply to seton hall because I don't have all the prerequisites finished, do any of you know if I could've applied without completing them? I mean I spoke to someone who told me I need to complete them before I intend to start, but some people I have talked to said they applied even though they haven't finished them. Anyone know? 

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I applied and I think I am missing one prerequisite. I just figured I'll take it in the spring or summer, if I can. I haven't been accepted or rejected yet. So, I'm really not sure what to make of it. I mean, I really don't think it's that big of a deal if you have to take a few while or before starting grad level classes, but I'm sure if they are comparing my app. To someone else's who has them completed they will prob choose them? Unless they were just being strict on the site... Or if they really like you.

I didn't apply to some programs for this very reason also. It's definitely understandable, but I would call to find out!

Someone got accepted yesterday. Wish they would call. I'm afraid to get the mail ugh.

I just want to share something positive that I have just realized! Because it is taking seton hall a while to send out acceptances, applicants are probably choosing other programs to attend. And that's good for us!!

Staying positive!

lol I wish I could say the same! I have a good feeling about Seton Hall, and I think we should know by next week!! ah.

Do you mind sharing your stats? It looks like you got into a lot of NJ programs that I've been wait listed at. Just looking for advice, in-case I have  to reapply next year. 

Thanks so much!

I'm still waiting to hear from Seton Hall as well! I think I saw someone post that they have 10 days to make a decision once they receive the packet. This makes me assume that they are not following the April 15th deadline but they started to let people know of acceptances a few weeks ago so your estimate of knowing by next week might be correct!

lol I wish I could say the same! I have a good feeling about Seton Hall, and I think we should know by next week!! ah.

Do you mind sharing your stats? It looks like you got into a lot of NJ programs that I've been wait listed at. Just looking for advice, in-case I have  to reapply next year. 

Thanks so much!

My out-of-major GPA for my freshman and sophomore years in the Honors Program at Montclair State University was 3.65. I transferred to Stockton to major in speech pathology and currently have a GPA of 3.94. I took the GRE twice and my highest scores were 155 verbal, 153 quantitative, and 4.0 analytical writing. I had four strong letters of recommendation from speech/linguistics professors at Stockton, which I sent to various schools depending on deadlines and requirements. My resumé is packed with related experience and observation hours. I also have a very strong personal statement that tells my story and explains my best qualities but still answers all of the questions that admissions panels may want to know about me. I applied to twelve schools because I didn't expect to get in anywhere, and receiving so many offers was a bit shocking.

In the end, it's about how well you match up with the schools that you are applying to. I really did my research for each school and tailored my personal statements to prove that I knew specific details about the schools and faculties, their research and clinical focuses, and the opportunities that they have available. I think that including this information and relating it all to myself and my interests made me seem like a good fit at each school, which is why I received so many admission offers, interviews, and wait list seats.  If you want to see specific details from my statements, resumé, and a recommendation to compare them to yours, send me a private message and I will be happy to share them with you!

I got a phone call today saying I have been accepted into the program at Seton Hall! :)

Congrats!! I also got a call today saying I've been accepted! :)

Congrats!! I also got a call today saying I've been accepted! :)

I was also accepted! Congratulations flnjslp and smrv!

Congratulations on your acceptances!! Are you planning on attending? I already accepted at another university so I will most likely be declining.