Loma Linda University Question

Does anyone here know anything about Loma Linda's communicative disorders program?

-Is it worth the cost? I know tuition alone is $25,000 a year. Do they offer scholarships or grants?. Also i know assistantships are available, does anyone know what percentage of tuition it covers?

- do people generally like this program? I'm not worried about the religious aspect since I am a Christian, but due to some of the religious requirements do their grad school students finish on time?

-I heard that Loma Linda may place their students out of state for their last two quarters, has anyone had an issue with that?

Sorry for all the questions but i can't seem to find this info anywhere else! Thanks!

Edited by crystal6

Tuition ends up being roughly 37-38,000 for the two years. 22,000 first year and 15,000 second year. that's not including living expenses though. I'm not sure what percentages the GA positions cover, but I know they are usually 6-8 hour/wk jobs. 

Loma Linda is a really good program, and they are great for Medical because they have the Loma Linda Medical Center right there, along with other big placements. They don't say they force you to go to other places for placement, but they allow you too - and if people want to, they are grateful for that since they have a lot of people trying to find placements in the area. I think of it as a benefit, you could live at home for a few months or live somewhere doing a placement you might enjoy or learn more from.

I have a friend in the program right now and she loves it. You still finish on time, even with the religious requirement. It's 7 quarters, which comes out to be two years roughly. Sorry I don't know more than that. i'd go visit if you can or e-mail the department. They are all really nice.

Tuition ends up being roughly 37-38,000 for the two years. 22,000 first year and 15,000 second year. that's not including living expenses though. I'm not sure what percentages the GA positions cover, but I know they are usually 6-8 hour/wk jobs. 

Loma Linda is a really good program, and they are great for Medical because they have the Loma Linda Medical Center right there, along with other big placements. They don't say they force you to go to other places for placement, but they allow you too - and if people want to, they are grateful for that since they have a lot of people trying to find placements in the area. I think of it as a benefit, you could live at home for a few months or live somewhere doing a placement you might enjoy or learn more from.

I have a friend in the program right now and she loves it. You still finish on time, even with the religious requirement. It's 7 quarters, which comes out to be two years roughly. Sorry I don't know more than that. i'd go visit if you can or e-mail the department. They are all really nice.

Thanks for responding! I would actually be in the transitional masters program if i were accepted which for the first year is an extra $30,000...so roughly $70,000 (idk if I want that much debt smh lol) by the end of three years. I'm glad that your friend loves the program!  This is one of my top choices

Edited by crystal6

Oh okay, I see. That is much more expensive then. Yes she loves the program. Could you do your pre-reqs somewhere else, like online and then go straight into the masters program? That might be cheaper! 

• 1 year later...

Thanks for responding! I would actually be in the transitional masters program if i were accepted which for the first year is an extra $30,000...so roughly $70,000 (idk if I want that much debt smh lol) by the end of three years. I'm glad that your friend loves the program! This is one of my top choices

this is late, but did you end up going to Loma Linda for the transitional masters? I was just accepted and I'm so excited, but I'm also worried about the cost. Do you feel it was worth it?

And what was your schedule like? I'm curious if I will be able to have a job during that first year.

Thanks!