UC Irvine

Neeko

Have you started looking for housing yet? Everything I find looks like it's going to take up at least 70% of my monthly budget. I'm hoping that I'll have better luck if I go drive around and try to find something cheaper, or more than likely I will go the roommate route.

I'm starting my PhD in Information & Computer Science at UCI this Fall :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be living on campus at least during the first year, I'm very wary of closing deals virtually without visiting the place beforehand. But yeah, I prefer having a roommate and not having to deal with long daily commutes. These pretty much are the only two options from what I've gathered. I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to afford having a car with all the parking and insurance expenses, it seems pretty hard to get by without one though.

I will be on a tight budget and will be looking for a place that is close to an OCTA stop that is < 30 mins from UCI. Rents are horrendously expensive in Orange County.

What city are you looking in? I started to look in a Fullerton but the rent was only slightly cheaper and I would probably spend all that savings on gas. So I gave up.

What city are you looking in? I started to look in a Fullerton but the rent was only slightly cheaper and I would probably spend all that savings on gas. So I gave up.

I have downloaded OCTA maps that pass through UCI. I haven't started actively hunting for apartments! Where do you plan to live?

I have downloaded OCTA maps that pass through UCI. I haven't started actively hunting for apartments! Where do you plan to live?

I want to be in Costa Mesa or Newport. Hopefully when I go out in a few months to find something I can get lucky and find something within the realm of affordability.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you have luck logging onto any of the WebReg stuff with your UCI net ID? And any computer science people (Masters here) know anything about what courses they plan to take or if we should try to get some academic advising/counseling first?

Any of you have luck logging onto any of the WebReg stuff with your UCI net ID? And any computer science people (Masters here) know anything about what courses they plan to take or if we should try to get some academic advising/counseling first?

I can't log in to anything except financial aid and the zot account. I emailed tech support and he said it will switch over from an applicant account to a student account at some point, and then you can. He said its different between departments but usually happens when your fees are assessed. It's frustrating.