Fall 2015 Applicant Thread

Gvh

The silence from Clark is weird given I was sent at least a few automated email reminders about finishing my application. You would think they would do the same after the fact, at least with stages or something since they were so thorough about people finishing open applications.

Totally agree about that! I'd even appreciate just a status report.  Apparently, others have gotten phone calls for interviews (yesterday) so it looks like they're finally beginning to reach out! Which makes me both excited and sick with anxiety. Best of luck to you!

I think of all the ones I applied to, UC Davis was the best about maintaining contact. They sent these cute little messages now and then telling me cute stuff to think about their campus. All very nice.

That's actually really cool! Makes me wish I would have applied there for the sake of a couple little comfort emails haha

Totally agree about that! I'd even appreciate just a status report. Apparently, others have gotten phone calls for interviews (yesterday) so it looks like they're finally beginning to reach out! Which makes me both excited and sick with anxiety. Best of luck to you!

I guess I'll be watching my phone all day! Good luck to you as well.

I think of all the ones I applied to, UC Davis was the best about maintaining contact. They sent these cute little messages now and then telling me cute stuff to think about their campus. All very nice.

That's super nice! Wish more universities would do things like that, if not to "woo" us, then to at least just recognize our existance (or have an automated e-mail service recognize our existance) past the application fee payment.

That's super nice! Wish more universities would do things like that, if not to "woo" us, then to at least just recognize our existance (or have an automated e-mail service recognize our existance) past the application fee payment.

Yeah, it was super nice. Clever too. Kept them in my mind and stuff. I kept thinking, 'oh, UC Davis, they sent me another cute email, they must be cool.'

Does anybody know anything about UC Riverside's acceptance/interview timeline? It looks like a cluster of people were accepted on January 7, but I don't know if they'll be accepting/interviewing any more people...I'm really hoping they're still offering admissions.

I'm curious about this too as I haven't heard anything from them either!

I just called the UCR graduate coordinator, and she said that in her personal opinion, if we don't get contacted by the end of the month, we weren't chosen. :/ *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the info!

*fingers crossed*

Edited by FantasticalDevPsych

Re: UCSD. I don't know about Psych or Neuro, but CogSci profiles are still being reviewed. :)

Were you in touch with someone there? I heard from another poster who received an interview invite that their POI implied all invites had been extended.

I'm an undergrad at UCSD Cog Sci, and the interview dates are Feb 5-6, so I would be very surprised if they are still sending out invites. Not to mention that they're only interviewing 20 and accepting 8 this year. 

Just in case anyone else is curious, UCSB's developmental/Evolutionary program are still reviewing applications, according to someone I emailed there today,so the invite dates that  some are getting do not apply to that department, specifically, from what I gather.

Edited by JLS912

Has anybody heard from Duke or Vanderbilt??

(not clinical)

I interviewed for the MEd in Child Studies program at Vandy a couple of weeks ago (Peabody College).

Heard back from UC Davis (HDGG), U of Illinois at Chicago (Psych), Penn State (HDFS)and West Virginia U (Psych) if anybody was wondering about those. 

Has anyone heard back from USC for Cog Psych?

Edited by Prah

Has anyone applied to/ heard from USUHS?

If you are referring to their clinical or MCP program, I'm told that they are just not looking over applications and will notify for interviews in two weeks for the open house at the end of next month

If you are referring to their clinical or MCP program, I'm told that they are just not looking over applications and will notify for interviews in two weeks for the open house at the end of next month

Thanks, are you in the military? Is this your first year applying?