statistics course(s)

Hi,

I will be applying to biostatistics MS programs in the fall. I've taken two applied undergrad statistics courses (sociological statistics and applied statistics 101). Should I take a calculus-based probability and statistics course as well? 

On a similar note, what courses should one take aside from the required courses (cal I-III and linear algebra)?

Thanks! 

Yes, you should take Calculus-based probability and statistics. If you intend to apply for PhD programs eventually, it may be a good idea to take advanced Calculus/real analysis too. Beyond that, there isn't much that is "required," though having more math and stat courses signifies strong mathematical ability. Some additional classes that might be useful if they interest you: numerical analysis, ordinary differential equations, linear regression, design of experiments.

Edited by Applied Math to Stat

Biostat MS programs don't require you to take Real Analysis, either as a pre-requisite or during the program. But you ABSOLUTELY should take calc-based probability and statistics before starting the MS.