Letter to Defer?

mmblue88

I applied 6 schools and 2 accepted me, but I'm still waiting for 4 more. 1 of them that accepted me gave me the deadline May 15th to reply. I want to defer it because I still want to wait for 4 other schools. (Because this one I did not get fundings.) I called the one that accepted me today and the lady said I have to email the graduate admission office to request a deferral. I just need another month of time to hear from the other 4 schools and then decide. How should I address it in the letter? Just say that I am still waiting for other schools to reply, may I have an extra month of time to decide?

Has anyone defer a Masters program before?

You want to say you need additional time to ponder your choices to ensure you make the best decision as to which school you can make the best contribution towards while growing academically and professionally. --- As no school wants to find out they are "second class" -- you could mention finances are being considered or something like that

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use