What are (have) people done 1/2 Months Before graduate School?

My last day at work is coming up and I'm off to graduate school in about a month in a half. My question is how did people spend their time in the months leading up to graduate school, what recommendations do you have, etc.. 

It seems like a lot of people are reviewing things like real analysis, linear algebra, etc.. 

I've been hoping to do some other things unrelated to statistics, such as sharpening up my personal finance, reading about health/exercise, and working on making a personal website for research.

What do people think?

I personally recommend taking some time off and doing something unrelated to school so you're fresh when you start. 

This will be the last break you have in quite some time. 

Prior to my MSc program, my SO and I spent a month on a road trip from our hometown to my MSc school (i.e. combination of moving trip + vacation). We arrived about a month before my program start date, intentionally, and we spent most of that month getting settled; standing in line at various government offices getting our health cards, driver's licesnes etc.; figuring out a good daily routine; and doing touristy things in the area since well, it was still summer! I went to school/work once that month to "check in", get my keys, claim a desk etc. but I basically tried to spend the two months doing as little academic related stuff as possible!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...