Which would you choose?

m.giugno

Hey,

I need some advices while i'm trying to decide schools to apply to.

Field: MS Aero Engineering

Basing on this list, can you please write down a chart of 8-10 from these schools, considering everything, from prestige and employment rate to social life, etc.?

I'm not looking for Aerospace Engineering student, just everyone.

Embry Riddle

Purdue

Texas - Austin

Texas A&M

Virginia Tech

Penn State

Minn Twin Cities

University of Virginia

Iowa State

Arizona State

Case Western

Illinois Tech (Armour)

Missouri S&T

West Virginia

University of Kansas

SUNY Buffalo

U Dayton

Auburn Ginn

Uni of Missouri

Washington University in St. Louis

Mississippi State

Oklahoma State

Alabama - Huntsville

Uni of Oklahoma

California - Long Beach

UT Arlington

Thank you!

Hey,

Basing on this list, can you please write down a chart of 8-10 from these schools, considering everything, from prestige and employment rate to social life, etc.?

That's really a tall order considering how diverse a list that is. Each has its own merits, but there are too many factors, including yourself, that should be weighed against those merits. Do you want to be in a small or large city? Do you require public transportation? What type of relationship are you seeking with your faculty? Comparing Texas A&M to Texas is like comparing Virginia Tech to UVA or Oklahoma State to OU. One of those in each pair is the state land grant institution with a more prevalent agriculture focus on campus. Relevant? Perhaps not to you, but might be to some. Some of those are more rural. Will you require access to a major airport to travel home?

Thanks for the reply..

I'll prefer universities with lot of activities and social life. I also want a program where you really get in touch with professors and you have a real contact with them.

I'm looking for quite warm places and a campus life, i've had enough of caotic cities.

Thanks for the reply..

I'll prefer universities with lot of activities and social life. I also want a program where you really get in touch with professors and you have a real contact with them.

I'm looking for quite warm places and a campus life, i've had enough of caotic cities.

If you are looking for warmer locations, then you may want to cross the following schools from your list:

Minn Twin Cities

SUNY Buffalo

FSIA said:

If you are looking for warmer locations, then you may want to cross the following schools from your list:

Minn Twin Cities

SUNY Buffalo

As well as Purdue, Iowa State, Case Western, Illinois Tech, Va Tech*, U Virginia*, West Virginia*, Case Western*, Kansas*, Dayton*, Washington University in St. Louis* and Missouri*.

*Arguably "cold," but still cooler than the remaining southern and western states.

My sister is at Embry Riddle in Daytona doing aerospace engineering... she's technically a bachelor's student but she's doing their accelerated master's degree as well (she's way smarter than me).

From what I've heard, she likes Riddle and loves Daytona (she loves the warm weather). I'm not sure about the prevelance of activities...it's a smaller school, but she's managed to be busy enough.

I have heard, though, that the guy/girl ratio there is something like 80/20. Just so ya know, if you're a guy ;)