USA VISA INTERVIEW

I just got admissions for a PhD in clinical psychology. I just finished my undergraduate with little research knowledge, I will like to know how i can convince the consular officer about my course and the school i choose. Thanks

What do you mean by "convince the consular officer about my course and school"? During your visa interview, they will not question whether you are qualified to be admitted to the school because that's not their job. They are checking to see if you are eligible for student visa status, which is mostly to confirm that 1) you are admitted to an eligible program (prove this with an admission letter and your I-20/DS-2019), 2) you have the funds to support yourself in the US (prove with I-20/DS-2019 and proof of funding) and 3) that you have significant ties to your home country so that you intend to return home after you finish your program and not using the temporary student visa program as a way to gain permanent residence in the US. 

TakeruK - I am guessing the OP is from India. Visa officers in India almost always ask why the person has chosen to go to the US for graduate studies and how they came to know about/chose a particular university. 

adeolu - Please post your question on Edulix forums (http://www.edulix.com/forum/index.php) or go through the 100 possible visa questions thread.

Hello ahlatsiawa, I can tell by the OP's username that he is Nigerian. My advice to Adeolu is to just get all his documents intact and ready at the beck and call of the consular officer. I had my interview at the victoria island office about a month ago and everything went smoothly. My advice: 1) always anticipate the question the interviewer is gonna ask you based on their previous question(s); 2) always ensure that you supply above and beyond the answers to the questions you are asked. In other words, make the C.O's work easy for him; 3) recognize when to keep your mouth shut and allow the C.O to work thru your information (he will be entering your info into his computer as you answer his questions; 4) smile! The consular officer needs it as they are always over(worked)stressed due to the number of people they are attending to as well as the unreasonable reason(s) many interviewees have of travelling to America. 5) Lastly, I need you to know your anxiety is normal and I think almost everyone feels the same way before the interview. It's easy for me to chest out advice now but a month ago, I was probably drinking 3,000 parts worry alongside every glass of water I drank.

Keep calm. You'll be fine.

Alles Gute,

Calorific