St. Louis, MO

Guest guest

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/15/2022 at 11:03 AM, PsychedRat said:

Hello all!

Anyone heard from SLU?

I've received a couple of emails - first one stating they've received my application and another saying they will be implementing a rolling admission process this year. I'm eager to hear back! Good luck!!

On 1/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, Ciara Beyer said:

I've received a couple of emails - first one stating they've received my application and another saying they will be implementing a rolling admission process this year. I'm eager to hear back! Good luck!!

Good luck to you as well! Which program did you apply to? I applied to the PhD clinical psychology program. I received the email that they received my application when I applied and then another one in late December to invite applicants to apply for fellowships. I haven't received anything since then.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, PsychedRat said:

Good luck to you as well! Which program did you apply to? I applied to the PhD clinical psychology program. I received the email that they received my application when I applied and then another one in late December to invite applicants to apply for fellowships. I haven't received anything since then.

Thanks! I applied to the Speech-Language Pathology Masters program! The program application isn't due until Feb 1, but I submitted about a month ago (end of December 2021). I'm assuming the programs will run a little differently. Do you currently attend SLU?

On 1/29/2022 at 9:48 AM, Ciara Beyer said:

Thanks! I applied to the Speech-Language Pathology Masters program! The program application isn't due until Feb 1, but I submitted about a month ago (end of December 2021). I'm assuming the programs will run a little differently. Do you currently attend SLU?

That's exciting! Hopefully you hear soon. My application was due Dec. 1, but I am unsure when I will hear back. I do not attend SLU currently, but I have heard great things about this program! My friend attends SLU for undergrad currently and they enjoy it (Pre-med track).

• 2 weeks later...

For housing, I recommend the Central West End (has a small city feel) or Skinker/Big Bend/Forsyth areas for housing (has a college town vibe).

For areas with bars/nightlife, I recommend the Delmar Loop (mix of undergrad/grad and older) and Tower Grove (more people in their 20s/post-college).

For food, there is a lot of diverse food across St. Louis. We have a "Chinatown" but it's very small compared to other cities - it's a strip of Asian supermarkets/restaurants along Olive Blvd.

You can bike to most colleges (may need to walk your bike on main campus in-between classes) and Forest Park and can find bike racks by major buildings, but roads usually don't have bike lanes. Most people commute by car/metro/on foot if you live close. I never had/needed a bike when I was at WashU and wouldn't recommend it for regular commutes unless you live extremely close, with no major roads in the way.

There's a lot of stuff to do over the weekend - some things are seasonal and a lot depends on what you like to do. In the Fall, apple picking at Eckert's is great, in the Winter, there's ice skating at Steinberg, sledding on Art Hill, Garden Glow at the Botanical Gardens, Zoo Lights at the Zoo, Candy Cane Lane, in the Spring/Summer/most weather, there's a lot to do in Forest Park (Zoo, Art Music, History Museum, Science Center - all free). In the city there's also the symphony at Powell Hall and the City Museum. When I was in college, I spent most weekends checking out restaurants in the Delmar Loop/CWE.

• emmiebufkincj changed the title to 오피쓰 òpsS07쩜còm 선릉건마 선릉오피 선릉스파⠁선릉휴게텔 선릉오피