• Columbia
    • Berkeley
    • UCLA
    • Stanford
    • Northwestern
    • Johns Hopkins
    • Oregon

Where is Michigan on this list?

John Hopkins (education??) and Oregon don't even belong on this list.

from what i heard, hopkins is up and coming. #7 this year for us news.

oregon... i actually don't think it belongs up there either.

• 2 weeks later...

Two my friends who went to HGSE did not like it. One actually switched out from her program into Special Studies just to graduate. Both are now working for nothing related to education. HGSE is the ugly duckling of the university. They said it never gets enough attention and support from the university.

A friend of mind who went to Stanford for POLS was unemployed for a long time and did not find work she wanted to do even when she found one. I personally think Stanford ed is overrated as a school because it only has a handful of MA programs yet it is ranked #1.

TC is just too big. 4000 students? It's a factory. Where are they all gonna go after? And the living cost in Manhattan is ridiculously high. The program can easily become 10k more than Harvard and Stanford.

However, if I have to choose one as the best SCHOOL, I'll choose TC. It has many specific programs to match every applicant's interest. It has a tradition of being a true education school. It has by far the biggest alumni network in the world. And personally I've seen more people saying TC is the best ed school than any other ed school. But program by program, probably Harvard and Stanford are better since they'll pay more attention to you.