GRE quantitative

littleflower

If you have a friend that is very good with algebra and geometry, ask that person what he/she finds as useful methods to thinking about certain kinds of problems. Usually, figuring out an algebra or geometry problem is the way you frame the question.

maybe because of us education system, quantitive part of gre seems to be easy for int applicants like me. i got a 800 in this section. if you are familiar with basic math concepts, i would recommend you just to practice more. i do not know your background of mathematics. i was an economics major with a minor intl relations (not focused on math). i believe that this is quite easier than verbal part and you can easily get a high score in it!

Do a million practice problems.

Worked for me!

I taught SAT prep courses for math - the math is about the same level. So after 3 months of working sat math problems over and over and over (and I got good at doign them in my head), I got an 800 on the GRE math.

The quant section is painful for me too. The previous posters gave good advice. Practice, practice, and practice, and make sure you practice the GRE way too. Getting a workbook specific to the GRE is a great idea.