Neuropsych Interest....but attending a school that doesn't offer a neuropsych track

PsyDGirl

Hi Everyone,

I recently had an epiphany that lead me to think it was a good idea to pursue a future career as a neuropsychologist. Only problem is, the school I am currently doing my PsyD at does not offer a neuro concentration. I have looked at the option of switching schools and that won't be possible. So I figured I would take the neuropsych courses at another good university as a visiting student. Does that sound reasonable? Anyone in the same boat or have a similar experience they could share? I don't know if I'm going to do a bunch of extra work that will in no way support my internship match later??? Help please!

I am curious about this as well.  I want to become a clinical neuropsychologist but I'm not sure how much attending a clinical psych program w/o a neuro track will affect chances at getting post doc fellowship/internship opportunities in neuropsychology.  Right now I am looking for programs that have neuropsych tracks (as well as mentors whose research is similar to mine) but I may end up applying to a few programs without a neuropsych track as long as I can perform research in my area of interest.

So my question to everyone else is:

Would it affect my chances at receiving post-doc fellowships/internships in neuropsychology if I attended a clinical psychology program without the neuropsychology track, so long as I am still conducting neuropsychological research and maybe even taking a few neuroscience courses as electives?