Do MIT and Berkeley have Master Program?

iwotic

Hi.. I am a rising senior at UIUC .. so I am going to apply this december.. I am looking for MS in Computer science, and I am wondering which top 5 schools have master program? I am sure that Stanford, CMU, UIUC have MS Computer Science, but do Berkeley and MIT have them for students who didn't do undergraduate in their schools?

Also, can you please rate my chance of getting into top 5 MS program? I don't have that great of a stat yet, so I have 1 more year to improve it.

- Graduating in 2010 from UIUC CS program, probably with a 3.5-3.6 gpa (Maybe this is abit too low even for MS?)

- Did alot of research. The most notable one would be a publication in Ubicomp Conference (A+ Conference,3rd author though) and undergraduate journal, hopefully have one more publication before applying this december.

- 4 Poster Presentations at Research Symposiums in UIUC so far.

- Internship with Citibank as a web developer last summer, Cisco as a software engineer intern this summer

- Probably have 3 good recommendation by 3 famous professors from UIUC

- No funding needed

Do I have any chance at any of the top 5 MS program as well Harvard MS program? If not, what about at lower ranked one like Columbia, Cornell, U Penn. and Harvard? What do I have to do to improve my chance?

Thank you so much for reading my post .

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for reading my post .

I think your profile is excellent. They don't look the GPA apart from the ranking in the class. In CS, UIUC is within the top 5 so you are not moving out of your own cycle. Having LOR from known professors (particularly to professors working at schools where you are going to apply) is extremely helpful. With respect to your first question, yes, UC Berkeley offers M.S for anybody (qualified) regardless to the origin of his undergraduate degree.

The only thing you need to concentrate on is the statement of purpose. Write something they like and good luck :)