History

mhcrosefly311

I read 1984 and Animal Farm in junior high, like everyone else, but that was a long (long, long) time ago. And I like to read an author from start to finish when I take the time to study their work.

My late start on Pratchett has to do with my self-imposed interdict on fantasy-brain-candy-novels for the last couple of years. I used to read way too much of it, and I needed to focus on my studies. But, in the last couple of weeks, I've finished up the Wizards storyline (Rincewind, et al.), and am just ending the Death storyline. I'll have the Watch storyline going soon.

Either way, late start or no, I read exceedingly fast. It's difficult to keep me in books, even with all the libraries around here. I need to find more work like Middlemarch or Les Miserables to keep me busy this summer.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did a summer program for incoming graduate students meaning I've been at UGA on and off all summer. I signed my fall lease on Saturday and it starts Tuesday though I'm gonna look for furniture on Thursday when my mom gets here and start moving in then.

First day of orientation is August 10. Eek!

Schools in the South always start earlier than schools up north. I hadn't attended school in August since high school. My undergrad starts classes on the second Thursday of September... then again, I will also get out the first week of May...

Schools in the South always start earlier than schools up north. I hadn't attended school in August since high school. My undergrad starts classes on the second Thursday of September... then again, I will also get out the first week of May...

Wow - I had no idea. I thought we had an early start on August 23rd at Berkeley.