How to address a terrible GRE in a SOP

I have a horrible GRE score of V:145 Q:145 and AW:4. I how ever have a high GPA of 3.83 and I also have research experiences with two majors and a minor. I want to say in my personal statement that my GRE doesn't reflect my ability to do well in school. I believe I scored a 21 on my ACT but as you can see I'm doing just fine in college (I go to a top state school by the way). So how do I go about addressing this ? None of my schools have "cutoffs" for the GRE but how true is that in general? Anyway I'm applying to get my MS in geology. 

Edited by columbia09

Since the rest of your application package seems pretty good (high GPA, research experience, etc), I don't think your GRE scores are going to kill your application. Especially for an MS program. Many people on the forums have said that masters programs are much more forgiving, since 1) they typically do not offer the same level of funding as phd programs and thus are not investing as much in you (or at all in the case of an unfunded program), 2) the program is much shorter than a phd and any investment in you is pretty short term, and 3) depending on the program, there may be more spots available because fewer people apply or a lack of funding means there isn't as large of a restriction on the number of students they can accept.

That said, you may still want to address the score in your SOP if you are looking for funding. I personally would point out the other positive aspects of your application and how they better reflect your academic potential. In particular, the double major might be a good way to show this.