MFA Photography 2015

markeet

How did the Syracuse interview go?

We never connected. I emailed after waiting two hours, and they claimed they tried contacting me but I got nothing. We rescheduled for tomorrow.

Edited by d e o

If you interviewed with Syracuse please share what you discussed.

JUST finished my Syracuse interview.

It was the standard interview, asked questions about my work and what artists I am influenced by. There aren't any curve balls or anything, so you should be fine.

JUST finished my Syracuse interview.

It was the standard interview, asked questions about my work and what artists I am influenced by. There aren't any curve balls or anything, so you should be fine.

Thank you!

Had my interview with RISD. Pretty relaxed (that's been my general experience so far). Good questions but nothing too difficult. Just asked about myself and my work, how research/process play into my work.

Anyone interview over Skype with CalArts yet? Have my interview with them in a week.

Hey all!

Has anyone that applied to SVA heard back? I did something risky and only applied to SVA and one other small liberal arts school.

It looks like in previous years most people found out this week/next week via email acceptance, def. freaking out over here - the anticipation is killing me. I don't think I have ever refreshed my email so many times in one day.

Best of luck to everyone :)

Hey all!

Has anyone that applied to SVA heard back? I did something risky and only applied to SVA and one other small liberal arts school.

It looks like in previous years most people found out this week/next week via email acceptance, def. freaking out over here - the anticipation is killing me. I don't think I have ever refreshed my email so many times in one day.

Best of luck to everyone :)

My application status for SVA changed today from 'application ready for review' to 'decision will be sent via e-mail/mail.' 

I had my interview with Syracuse. She asked me about my background, my work, my influences, and we talked about why I wanted to go to grad school and why Syracuse in particular. I thought it went pretty well, so here's hoping! 

I had my interview with Syracuse. She asked me about my background, my work, my influences, and we talked about why I wanted to go to grad school and why Syracuse in particular. I thought it went pretty well, so here's hoping! 

Thank you!

Just got accepted to SVA's two year program via email. No interview either (but met with most of the core department members previously).

Yay! Now to find out about the financial aid...

Still waiting to hear back from ICP-Bard (interviewed), Parsons (interviewed), and Hunter (interview next week). 

How did it go? I'm waiting for mine.

Well, I think! I enjoyed chatting with the faculty - asked me questions that felt pretty standard (why grad school at this time, why cal arts, what am i working on right now) and were pretty transparent with answering my questions. got a good feel from them! how did yours go?

Well, I think! I enjoyed chatting with the faculty - asked me questions that felt pretty standard (why grad school at this time, why cal arts, what am i working on right now) and were pretty transparent with answering my questions. got a good feel from them! how did yours go?

Glad to hear it went well. Mine was pretty similar – the standard questions and a few follow-ups to my response. And... now we both have a long wait ahead.