Help with new funding offer

Guest confused

Guest confused

I posted this in Officially Grads as well....

ok... so, i JUST sent in my acceptance to program B (2nd choice) because i did not get funding at program A(1st choice). The funding from prog.B is awful (1/2 year covered). Then I get a call from prog. A today offering me full tuition + stipend. I am soo excited but what do I do?? can i reject prog B after I already accepted? Do people do this and is it possible to do legally as well as professionally? please help....

It is legal... you do have to ask to be let out by school B assuming they are one of the schools in the agreement. Professionally, it is debated how bad this is to do. However, in this case, it may be worth having less debt afterward to piss some people off. Also, you may tell school B that school A offered you more money so you may have to rescind acceptance and see if they give you more. That way, you tell them why and give them a chnace to match your offer as well as make them understand it isn;t personal. Good luck! I hate it when good news turns out to be more stressful than bad news :P